Sunday, November 8, 2015

Blue ticket

What is this even for?

Where, on my journey, will I ever have need for a blue ticket that grants me passage to nowhere?

It says "dreams" on the back, but I have told all I know about them. I don't want to remember the things I would rather forget, and I wish that the ones I try so hard to hold on to wouldn't slip from my grasp.

Why is it the good things that are always such fleeting moments?

Why is it, when I so desperately need to remember the good things, I can only recall the bad happenings in my life. If my brain is truly capable of storing all of my memories, then why do I forget? I try not to linger on negative thoughts but the harder I try, the more persistent they become.

Why?

How is it that out of the millions of things going on in my head, my brain decided to pick out that one moment and perseverate on it? I am though with that. I have a million other things that I could, and should, be doing right now instead of writing about a stupid blue ticket that is good for nothing.

I just need to let it go.

1 comment:

  1. "If my brain is truly capable of storing all of my memories, then why do I forget?" #stolen

    ReplyDelete